Hiro 350 Straight Inclined Platform Lift
The Hiro 350 inclined wheelchair platform lift offers an ideal solution for overcoming any straight incline whether inside or out. This high quality platform lift has been designed to be safe, easy to use and dependable with a standard load capacity of 225 to 300kg.
The lift is powered by a 24V DC battery system which remains charged from a 230V single phase 13 Amp fused spur power supply (effectively requiring one of the “3 pin sockets” in the home to be changed).
Due to the unique patented friction drive system the platform runs on clean stainless steel tracking.
Control on the platform is via a spiral cable offering the choice of operation by the user or an attendant whilst the call stations are available either in the form of remote control hand consoles or fixed point stations secured to the wall.
- Clean friction drive system (you will find no oil or grease anywhere near our system)
- The platform and stanchion posts are available as standard in a choice of 12 RAL colours.
- Robust and versatile design
- Power supply 230V – single phase – 13 Amp (already found in EVERY home and building throughout the country)
- Battery operated to enable use at any time (even in the event of a power failure)
- Safety sensor on all sides of the platform to ensure there are no trapping / crushing hazards
- Suitable for staircases between 18° and 45° pitch incline (if your staircase is steeper or shallower than this DON’T WORRY our Hiro 320 can still accommodate you)
- In the parked position, wall mounted platforms only protude 350mm with the barrier arms contained behind the platform (to minimize the opportunity for them to be swung from and hence damaged)
- Quiet and smooth continuous operation
- Economical costs (installation and maintenance)
- Comfortable, convenient, safe and efficient
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor applications
- Compliance with United Kingdom and European codes
The Hiro 350 has been specially designed to suit any environment through a selection of options:
- Available for mounting directly on to a suitable load bearing wall, or with stanchion fixed directly to stair treads and landings (combinations of wall and stanchion mounting can also be achieved)
- If you can’t find a colour that you like within the standard range (of 12) we are happy to provide the platform and stanchions in any other RAL colour.
- Folding seat (for those that have difficulty with the stairs but do not need a wheelchair)
- Side load platform (for those areas where there is insufficient space in front of the bottom step to enable the platform to land and a user to access the platform)
- Selection of platform sizes (although Part M – see below – indicates the need for a platform of 800mm x 1250mm very often there is insufficient space to accommodate these dimensions without undertaking major building renovation work. Consequently we are able to offer a selection of sizes from 700mm x 1000mm to suit the users wheelchair and staircase)
Whilst all Public Access units are manufactured and type tested as evidence of satisfying the Essential Safety Requirements of the European Machinery Regulations with the appropriate CE marking; platform lifts installed within the UK require Building Regulations approval to satisfy their national standards which makes further demands beyond the European Regulations.
Details of the relevant Regulations dependent upon where you live in the UK can be found from the “Regulations” tab at the top of the page. Alternatively, for your convenience our staff are always available to discuss the requirements with you (or your Building Control Officer) to ensure Building Regulation approval is satisfied.